[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue May 9 11:16:17 EDT 2006

James Armstrong wrote:
>>> *Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 2744, in ?
>>>     processJob(job)
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 2567,
>>> in processJob
>>>     createDVDAuthorXMLNoMenus(format, files.length)
>>>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 1605,
>>> in createDVDAuthorXMLNoMenus
>>>     post.appendChild(dvddom.createTextNode("jump title %s chapter 1;" %
>>> itemNum + 1))
>>> TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects
>>> *------------------------------------------------------------
>>>

>> The last bit is why it failed. Strangely I just tried to reproduce  the
>> error and couldn't. Out of interest what version of python are you
>> using? Maybe its version dependent.
>>
>> I've just committed what I hope will fix it but because I can't actually
>> reproduce it. I'm not sure. Might also have to cast itemNum to an int
>> but it _should_ already be an integer. Sometimes python is just plain
>> weird!. Give me c++ any day :-)
>>
>> Paul H.
>>

> I will try with the new version. Is there anyway to tell mytharchive
> from the command prompt to pick up at a certain point so I don't have to
> go through the whole transcode / ffmpeg stuff again?
>
> Thanks,
> James Armstrong

Not from the command prompt but there is a setting in the script. At the
top of the script there is a setting called 'debug_secondrunthough' set
it to 'True'. You *must* use exactly the same files in the same order or
it will fail. You can try other themes if you want without having to do
the re-encoding etc. Don't forget to set it back to False after or else
you will get errors when you run it again with different files.

Paul H.