[mythtv-users] time for a new graphics card

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:36:26 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> says:
> > Plus XvMC on the nvidia cards isn't as good as straight up Xv if your
> > CPU can handle it.
>
> As any longtime list reader knows XvMC is certainly more problematic
> to set up than a "regular" Nvidia XV-based Myth frontend. That said, I
> think I saw some reference recently to how, once it is up and running
> properly, XvMC's Bob implementation (Actually, isn't this redundant?
> Isn't Bob the only deinterlacing XvMC is capable of doing?)  delivers
> slightly-better video quality than the version without XvMC. Or am I
> misremembering something?

It is the only deinterlacer that works with XvMC, as to whether the
output quality is any better, I have yet to see any proof of claims.
I'm not sure I how the two technologies differ, but I'd hazard to
guess that there shouldn't be any difference in final output quality
between the two.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!