[mythtv-users] MythMusic and ALSA?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed May 10 09:32:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have managed to get MythTV working mostly with the ALSA drivers for my
card, including the Softvol plugin.

LiveTV and recordings works fine, however playing music does not...

When I use the interface set to default (even when typed in manually),
it shows 'standaard' (As it is set up for Dutch), and I hear no music.
When I type in ALSA:default, no music either
When I choose /dev/dsp I do hear music, but the mixer won't work,
because it requires the softvol defined in the asound conf file...

Searching the web gave me very little useful information, so I am trying
the list...

Does anybody have Myth using ALSA directly with successful music
playback as well?

TIA & BRgds

--
Francesco Peeters