[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Thu May 11 07:16:23 EDT 2006

On 5/10/06, moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 18:35 -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>

> > You should probably google around to find the right
> modelines for
> your
> > TV.  You will need to know those and adjust your
> xorg.conf file
> > appropriately.  How to do that has been discussed a
> lot here, and you
> > can also find references on google.

> From:  "Greg Woods" <greg at gregandeva.net>
> Date:  Sun, 07 May 2006 22:43:31 -0600
>
> Only if you are fortunate enough to own the same TV as
> someone else who
> has already done it. So far, I've spent hours Googling
> and not found a
> working modeline for my 43" Pioneer HD TV. I have X
> working fine in 4:3
> (gray side bars), but my attempts to do HD through
> HDMI so far have
> failed. The mode lines I get from "get-edid" show only
> 1280x768
> resolution and the TV says that it's only 480p being
> displayed, but the
> Comcast cable box can do 1080i to this TV over HDMI,
> so I know it's
> possible.
>
> --Greg
> <snip>

The 1280x768 that you can get is 720p which some people  think it's better
then 1080i. It's about personal preference and the kind of TV you have,
especially if you plan on watching HD. 1080i is "fuzzier" then 720p which
you may or may not like better. What I'm trying to say is that until we get
1080p programming, 1080i is not all that and a bag of chips. Just my 2c.