[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV TV's

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 11 09:42:13 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:36 -0500, Santiago Almenara wrote:

> I continue looking today and found only 2 or 3 (including the Sceptre
> one) models with 1920x1080 resolutions

You can't even count on what the manual says either. The manual for my
Pioneer PRO-R06 says that it's 1024x768 resolution, but EDID shows that
it can also do 1280x768, and in fact that works in X. I now at least get
full screen pictures. Now if only I could figure out how to get it to do
HD (setting TVOutFormat to HD1080i did not work; it is acknowledged in
the Xorg.0.log file, but it doesn't actually produce an HD picture).

--Greg