[mythtv-users] Playing ISO

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Thu May 11 09:56:47 EDT 2006

> If there is documentation somewhere I apologize, but I new to the list =
>
> and MythTV.  What I am wondering is, if MythTV has the ability to play =
>
> an iso of a dvd movie.  That is mount the iso on a loopback device and =
>
> then play it as it were a normal dvd.

	xine will happily play iso's. Dunno if MythTV currenly handles
the syntax for xine ISO correctly though. In my current test setup I
have a shell script wrapper for xine to deal with it's quirkiness.

	Basically, xine requires you to reference an iso as if it were
a directory (trailing slash) and requries a full path be specified for
the iso file.

	Freevo handles these transparently though.