[mythtv-users] Xv output with fglrx 8.24.8

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Thu May 11 10:50:06 EDT 2006

Does anyone have Xv output successfully working with fglrx 8.24.8?  I have a
laptop with Radeon R250 (Mobility FireGL 9000).  After finally getting a
modeline together that works properly with the LCD panel (the fact that it was
not properly auto-detected as it is with the radeon driver leads me to believe
ATI's driver is totally borked), I am getting the following mythfrontend output:

2006-05-11 10:43:27.110 VideoOutputXv Error: Could not find suitable XVideo
surface.
2006-05-11 10:43:27.110 VideoOutputXv: Falling back to X shared memory video
output.
                               *** May be slow ***

xvattr displays the following:

$ xvattr
Found Xv 2.2
$

It looks to me like there are no xv ports available from the driver.  Anyone
else have this working?

Thanks!

-matt

--