[mythtv-users] Playing ISO

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Thu May 11 11:49:54 EDT 2006

Kevin Hulse wrote:
> Basically, xine requires you to reference an iso as if it were
> a directory (trailing slash) and requries a full path be specified for
> the iso file.

I've never used a trailing slash with xine and have never had any
problems playing .iso files with it.

I had problems using a wrapper script so I just set a long command line
to play .iso files. The main function is to change the yuv_mode for my
PVR-350 because it works better set to progressive for DVDs and
interlaced for regular TV (I'm using xv for video out, not the built-in
MPEG decoder). The compound command line changes the yuv mode, runs
xine, then changes it back. It's been working fine for months now:

/usr/bin/ivtvctl --set-yuv-mode=mode=1;/usr/bin/xine -pfhq -V xv
--no-splash dvd://%s;/usr/bin/ivtvctl --set-yuv-mode=mode=0

Note that there's a semi-colon after the %s - that's not a slash
directly after it . :-)

Daniel