[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV TV's

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 11 15:08:32 EDT 2006

On 05/11/2006 02:43 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 13:36 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> No.  That's only possible if you use Xrandr to change your video mode
>> when you start playing the video, but it requires you to have a working
>> 1080i video mode, first.
>>
> That's what I was afraid of, because I am now back to square one. I have
> no idea how to find or generate such a thing. The only suggestions I've
> seen for this are to find someone who has the same TV as I do (I've so
> far failed in this attempt, nobody else here seems to have a Pioneer) or
> require running Windows (which I don't want to go out and pay $200 for
> just for this). So am I completely hosed? Or is there SOME way I can try
> to find a 1920x1080 modeline that works for this TV?

I highly recommend (as others have mentioned) searching (first)/posting
(second) at http://avsforum.com/ .  Only problem is that it can take
forever to find what you want in the forum.  Start by searching on your
TV's model number (with different spelling/punctuation variants) and/or
family name/number.

Good luck,
Mike