[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 11 16:22:03 EDT 2006

On 5/11/06, moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Steve.
>
> Doh, I should have asked this earlier.
> What is the impact of the length on signal quality?

as with any cable, increasing length will degrade signal strength,
thus affecting signal quality.

> Looking at monoprice.
> The 24awg come in 3ft, 6ft, 10ft, 15ft, 25ft and 35ft.
> (The 10ft or 15ft would work for me.)
> The 22awg also come in 25ft and 35ft.
> The longer cable would be nice to have to
> if I decide to move things around in the future.

I'd recommend larger gauge for longer runs. If you want to run 25ft or
35ft go with the 22awg, the price increase is nominal and the extra
gauge won't hurt signal strength (it may not help given specific
circumstances, but it won't hurt either). The other side of it is
insulation, they don't say, but I assume the larger gauge has
proportionally larger insulation.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!