[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and PVR-150 - Sound Problem

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Thu May 11 18:57:34 EDT 2006

I had a reasonably functional FE/BE combination system based on
MythDora 2.2, with a single PVR-350 and an FX-5200 video card.  It
works well with my Sony 27" TV. Nothing fancy here.

I bought a new-fangled PVR-150 from CompUSA a couple of days ago
(with the $40 instant saving + rebate offer) and popped that in. I
also updated some of the software on the myth box based on MythDora's
changelog for version 2.3. This upgraded the kernel to 2.6.16, and
ivtv to 0.6.1.

The new PVR-150 is detected as card 0 and the original 350 is now card
1. The new 150 is not auto-detected, so I marked it as type 50. The
good news is that after upgrading the software and using the IR port
on the new 150, the remote control works. (It never worked using the
PVR-350.) HOWEVER, I get video and audio on the new 150 card. I only
get video on the 350.

I captured some test mpg files (cat /dev/video1 > /tmp/testfile1.mpg)
and then played them back using xine and there is no audio in the 350
file. Capturing from the PVR-150 works fine (cat /dev/video0 >
/tmp/testfile0.mpg).

What dumb thing did I do now?

Anyone else having problems? Any solutions?

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist