[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and PVR-150 - Sound Problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 11 21:35:26 EDT 2006

On 11/05/06, James Kaufman <jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us> wrote:
> I had a reasonably functional FE/BE combination system based on
> MythDora 2.2, with a single PVR-350 and an FX-5200 video card.  It
> works well with my Sony 27" TV. Nothing fancy here.
>
> I bought a new-fangled PVR-150 from CompUSA a couple of days ago
> (with the $40 instant saving + rebate offer) and popped that in. I
> also updated some of the software on the myth box based on MythDora's
> changelog for version 2.3. This upgraded the kernel to 2.6.16, and
> ivtv to 0.6.1.
>
> The new PVR-150 is detected as card 0 and the original 350 is now card
> 1. The new 150 is not auto-detected, so I marked it as type 50. The
> good news is that after upgrading the software and using the IR port
> on the new 150, the remote control works. (It never worked using the
> PVR-350.) HOWEVER, I get video and audio on the new 150 card. I only
> get video on the 350.

First thing to do is check your syslog for the ivtv output when the
ivtv modules are loaded to make sure there are no obvious issues with
card detection (could be PVR-350 tuner). The new 2.6.16 kernel (I
think) no longer wants the ivtv-msp3400 alias in your modprobe.conf as
the module is now in the kernel, so this could be one possible cause.

Something like:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
/= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

should print out the relevant ivtv module information.

Nick