[mythtv-users] Recordings almost always too bright w/PVR250

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 12 17:59:48 EDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 2:27 PM, David Rees wrote:

> Anyone have a problem where their recordings are just way too bright?
> What weird is that sometimes it's OK, and sometimes it will switch
> back and forth while recording! When it's bright, any bright white
> areas get totally washed out.
>
> I've seen a couple posts about this before, but no solution. Anyone
> find one?
>
> Playing with the brightness/contrast with nvidia-settings and the
> channel settings gets things mostly viewable, but then when it decides
> to record normally, it gets too dark.
>
> I need to double check that it's the recording and not the playback,
> but I'm 98% sure it's the recording itself.

I have this problem as well with the History channel, A&E, Bravo and
some other channels. If you stick with the major networks and
especially Fox News Channel the programs being "too bright" will
never be a problem :-)

But seriously, are you aware that there are two sets of picture
controls, "F" gets you into the viewing controls while "G" gives you
controls that set the recording parameters.

You could also try the universal fix of powering down for several
minutes for the cap cards to reset their parameters.