[mythtv-users] BBC HD Trial

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat May 13 05:40:11 EDT 2006

I haven't tried a channel scan from within myth yet but I've run

> dvbscan several times over the past week, without seeing any trace of
> the HD channel.
>
> I'm definitely on the Crystal Palace transmitter so does this mean:
>
> 1)  I've been unlucky and only scanned when the HD signal was off-air?
> 2)  My Hauppauge Nova-t isn't suitable for the signal?
> 3)  I need to edit my uk-CrystalPalace file before running dvbscan ?
> 4)  dvbscan is the wrong tool for testing my access to the signal ?
> 5)  some other thing wrong that I can't even imagine?
>
> I'd like to understand a bit more about what's going on, before I
> start fiddling with my production myth system.

The trial is on a previously unused multiplex - details below. Plug the
correct values into the channel scanner and you should get BBC HD1.

Mark

INSERT INTO `dtv_multiplex` VALUES (112, 1, 36868, 9018, 554167000, 'a',
NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, '8', '1/2', '8', '1/32', 0, 'qam_64', 'n', '2/3',
'dvb', 0, '2006-05-12 10:13:30');