[mythtv-users] Choppy Video But Not Audio

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Sun May 14 14:37:37 EDT 2006

I just finally got my first front end working with my myth network.
This frontend has a very small but noticable stuttering problem on the
video. It doesn't bother the audio though. About once every two
seconds, the video pauses for about 1/4 of a second and then catches
back up. It's almost like it's waiting for data from the backend. I've
tried everything in the lists about stutterint or choppy video, but
nothing seems to smooth it out.

Hardware is a PIII-800 with 256M ram.
Video card is an Nvidia 6200.
Hard Drive is an 80G.

I have mythfrontend running chmod +s.
I ried with and without the opengl thingy in the video setup. One post
said that enabling this might smooth it out.

I have the latest myth from Axel as of a few days ago. I'm running
kernel 2096 on Fedora Core 4 and I have nvidia drivers 8756.

Can someone offer some suggestions as to what to try to maybe smooth this out?

Thanks.
--
-=/>Thom