[mythtv-users] Stepmania + MythTV = brilliant, but--

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sun May 14 15:23:29 EDT 2006

>It may be a moot point since I've got it working with your suggestion above,
>but if I shouldn't be running mythfrontend setuid root, please let me know.

Aside from security concerns there isn't really any reason not to use setuid
root, but you should realize that running setuid-root is really the same as
running it as root (i.e. it is equivalent to the root user launching it, and
that's pretty much the reason for the security concerns).
You may have thought that you were 'not exactly' running mythfrontend as
root, but you really were.