[mythtv-users] SCHED ALERT: President on Monday 8pm

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun May 14 19:57:37 EDT 2006

Nedim Cholich writes:

> « HTML content follows »
> On 5/14/06, Sam Varshavchik
> <<URL:mailto:mrsam at courier-mta.com>mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>
>    Jay R. Ashworth writes:
>
>    > If you have any scheduled recordings for Monday night (which includes
>    > several season finales), note that The Futon Critic is reporting that
>    > the president will be speaking on the networks from 8-8:20pm; it is
>    > likely that this will messup your schedules, unless the networks
>    decide
>    > to merely pre-empt whatever they're running at 8.
>
>    On each run, mythfilldatabase always grabs today's schedule from
>    datadirect.
>
>    It should be interesting to note whether datadirect updates their
>    schedule
>    for tomorrow, and if mythtv adjusts its schedule accordingly for those
>    who
>    have something scheduled for that slot.  My guess, for the latter, is
>    probably not -- as I recall mythtv identifies programs by channel and
>    starting time.
>

> It already adjusted mine. I have Prison Break recoring which usually goes
> from 8 to 9 but for tomorrow it's 8:20! Gotta love MythTV! My old DishPVR
> would have recorder 40 minutes of the show and 20 of the other thing.

Ah -- that must be because you have the whole series set to record. So, Myth
found that the show's old channel/starting time event was deleted, but
there's a new channel/starting time event, so it got start.

So, if you have the whole series flagged to be recorded -- you're ok, but if
you scheduled only a single show to be recorded, it would likely get
dropped.