[mythtv-users] epia M10K:via xvmc artifacts and swsusp2

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:18:31 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Jake Thompson <jake at jakethompson.com> wrote:

> Another note, I recompiled the openchrome and dri because the only thing I
> could think of that would have made a huge difference was yum updating my
> kernel to 2111 the other day.  Then I relized I had not recompiled the dri
> kernel modules.
>
> I am using the 128 atrpms build of myth on a fedora core 5 box.
>
> -Jake

On my FC4 box, kernel 2108, these modules are part of the kernel (and
openchrome is from atrpms). Should I be installing the openchrome drm.ko and
via.ko instead?

Last night I tried switching from via xvmc to standard and then libmpeg2,
after tuning nfs as described in the mythtv docs. WIth standard I got
prebuffering pauses every few minutes, but with libmpeg2 there were only a
couple per hour. If I can get rid of those then this would be a viable
option (and as a bonus I'd get my OSD in colour again).

Chris