[mythtv-users] time for a new graphics card

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Mon May 15 11:20:41 EDT 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:32 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > I have a GeForce2 GTS that wont output tv.  As far as I'm able to tell
> > ASUS connected the tvout chip in a non-standard way.
> >
> > Attached is my XF86Config-4 file that works for my new GeForce FX 5200.
> >
> > If that doesn't work try the nvtv utility.  It helps with cards that
> > don't use the nvidia tvout chip.
>
> Thanks for that. I still can't get output to TV even with your
> xorg.conf. When I ran nvtv that didn't get me any firther.
> Interestingly when I do nvtv --list I get this:
>
> Fatal: no encoder chip found, and none specified.
>
> Do you think that's significant? Everything works find on 7664 but
> 8756 seems a bit of a crock to be honest!

Don't be to worried about nvtv, it was for older cards without the built in
nvidia tv out chip.  Apparently nvidia wont release the specifications for
their chip and so support is a bit limited.

It does seem a bit strange your card doesn't work for a newer driver but at
least you can get it to work.  Hopefully it'll get fixed in a new release.

Paul