[mythtv-users] New installation, choppy video (not DMA) help request

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:41:33 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Dan <danspam at envy.themanium.net> wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses so far.
>
> > of a difference. You should be seeing at most 10% X usage (unless the
> > ATI drivers really suck that much....) you are using the fglrx drivers
> > and Xv is properly working right?
>
> I am not sure on these questions.  I will check tonight.  Any canonical/
> direct ways to check?  I have access to the machine via SSH now if I can
> check that way.

check your xorg log in /var/log and it will tell you what driver its
using. You can also check the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to see what
driver you asking it to use.

xvinfo should work via ssh to tell you the Xv status, you may have to
pass a arguement for the display to check, which would most likely be
":0.0"

> > potentially overkill?
>
> This is the RAM that the motherboard had in it from its previous use.

=) I just did the same this weekend, swapped some parts and now my
frontend has 1GB of RAM...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!