[mythtv-users] My experience with HD video and the Nvidia 6200TC

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Mon May 15 16:15:05 EDT 2006

James C. Dastrup wrote:
> Avoid these problems by using a 9600 or above. The 9600 and above are
> the cards that are advertised by ATI to support HDTV.

ATI's advertising probably has to do with the capabilities of the
Windows driver, which supports hardware acceleration for various
operations similar to the Nvidia ones. But, if ATI says 9600's and above
support HD, that probably means that X.org's Xvideo support will display
1080i properly without any pink bars. However, I also know from
experience that older cards (at least the 8500 and by extension,
probably any r200) also work for HD.

Jonathan Rogers