[mythtv-users] Xv output with fglrx 8.24.8

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Mon May 15 16:53:41 EDT 2006

Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> I did have a Mobility Radeon 9000 (which is rv250, not r250) AGP card in
> my mythbox. It was working with both X.org's radeon and fglrx, but it
> performed poorly for HD video. AFAIK, Xv was working, but I don't have
> that card in there right now.

> On another note, I also had to generate and tweak a Modeline because my
> stupid cheap LCD TV's EDID is borked, not because of card or driver. It
> reported suboptimal modes and bogus size to ATI and Nvidia cards with
> both Free and proprietary drivers on both Linux and Windows. This seems
> to be a common problem with various TVs from various manufacturers,
> based on the discussions I've seen on web forums.

Thanks for the info...

I managed to get XV working with the right options to the fglrx driver, and the
1.5Ghz Pentium M seems capable of all the 720p and 1080i I can throw at it.
The only problem is all the 1080i has this pink bar on the right side of the
screen.  I believe the video overlay cannot properly scale 1080i (1920x1080) to
1280x800.  Surely, the 1.5Ghz Pentium M is not fast enough to do software
pre-scaling when that becomes an option in mythfrontend.

Know of any way to get this thing to scale without the pink bar?

Thanks!

-matt

--
matt mead