[mythtv-users] Msg: 'Error was encountered while displaying video'

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Mon May 15 22:55:17 EDT 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:

>>2006-05-10 00:00:01.151 SwitchToProgram(void)
>>2006-05-10 00:00:01.227 RingBuf(/mnt/video/Recordings/1051_20060509230000.mpg): Ope
>>

>Is /mnt/video/Recordings mounted via NFS of Samba? If so, see "Disable
>file attribute caching" on this page:
>http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Optimizing_Performance
>
>Tom

I am also having the same problem on a single Gentoo box (no samba, no nfs).
I noticed the same thing as others in that it is near the end of shows
(as per Program Guide).
Does MythTV create a new file for each new show in LiveTV ?

I remember reading quite a while ago that others were having this same
problem,
maybe its been fixed in svn?

I haven't looked into this problem yet as the 15 seconds to change
channel makes LiveTV
un-usable. I was just running a test to see how long I could display
LiveTV for, so far only
1 hour and then I get the above error.

Cheers,
Brett