[mythtv-users] [OT] Re: coax vs. composite

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Tue May 16 11:29:25 EDT 2006

All of radio shack's lower-end cables are "gold-plated". So I must admit to
owning at least one gold-plated optical toslink cable. (But fwiw I laughed
at, and pointed out to others, the stupidity inherent in such a thing. I
have them because they were cheap, available and functional.)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049612

Although the one I got was significantly cheaper ($6 maybe?)

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Gary Dezern did have cause to say:

> > Monster "gold plated" optical S/PDIF
> >
> cables.
>
> Maybe it wasn't Monster... I remember seeing something
> that had gold plated jacks on the outside of the fiber optic for
> "better shielding and transmission" of the optical signal.
> Can't remember the brand.

Q: Why top-post to a recent message?
A: Because my short-term memory is longer than 8 seconds and I don't need to
reread the quoted text. :)