[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Tivo and DVR

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:38:10 EDT 2006

I think there is quite a bit of deviation in the amout of losses that MythTV
users see.  So much of it is dependant on different aspects of your system.
CPU Power, type of TV Tuner, how much RAM you have, etc, can all affect your
picture quality.  Even the wide array of options that MythTV has can change
your picture quality if you don't have them adjusted correctly.

But, as Dan stated, I think the HDTV and digital systems are the only ones
with no losses.  I don't find any noticable losses in my live TV or
recordings.  I have a PVR-250 Tuner, which I think helps.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed.