[mythtv-users] XvMC

Decent Guy decentguy2042 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 16:46:25 EDT 2006

i just recently upgraded from a Radeon 7000 AGP 32MB card (on which I had Myth 0.19 running successfully) to a nVidia 6200 128MB AGP card.   Myth is working allright as expected.  Haven't made any major changes except for chaning xorg.conf's driver from radeon to nvidia.

Question is:  how can I take advantage of XvMC capabilities of myth, mplayer, xine, etc?   Do i have to put something in xorg.conf (perhaps options xvmc) ?  how do i know if it's currently already automatically started taking advantage of XvMC or not after upgrading the video card?

More info:  0.19 build is my own build.  mplayer and xine have also been built rather than using rpms.   i'm using FC4.

i know that you can configure mplayer and others to say --enable-xvmc (or something along those lines), but my question is, does anything need to be enabled for the X-server from xorg.conf?

Thank you for your help in advance.