[mythtv-users] Changing channels through firewire on SA3250HD

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Wed May 17 05:43:34 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally got HD content working over the firewire ports on my SA3250HD
> cable box and when I tried to change the channel it always went to something
> like 49 instead of 783. So I read what someone told me earlier about the
> sa3250ch command that will change the channel on your cable box. I compiled
> it and tried to run it manually and I got the following:
>
> sh-3.00$ /usr/bin/sa3250ch 783
> Could not find SA3250HD on the 1394 bus.
>
> I made sure that the firewire port was working both before and after I ran
> this command and it was so for some reason it just isn't seeing the box. I
> thought I would ask around and see if anyone had any ideas before I went
> much further. Thanks for the help.
>
> Allan

After reading one of the older posts I saw that I probly needed to update
the code in the source for the model box that I have from what I have in
gscanbus. I tried it and I am still getting the same error message. More
than likely I am making a stupid mistake so let me run it by here. The
output from gscanbus is:
GUID: 0x00169205A0D00000
Node Capabilities: 0x000083C0
Vendor ID: 0x00001692
Unit Spec ID: 0x00000989
Unit SW Version: 0x00000100
Model ID: 0x00000000
 Nr. Textual Leafes: 2
 And I changed the lines in sa3250ch.c referencing the vendor and model from
the following:
/* SA3250HD IDs */
#define SA3250HD_VENDOR_ID      0x000011e6
#define SA3250HD_MODEL_ID       0x00000be0
 To the following:
/* SA3250HD IDs */
#define SA3250HD_VENDOR_ID      0x00001692
#define SA3250HD_MODEL_ID       0x00000000
 Does anyone know of anything else I might need to modify? Thanks

Allan