[mythtv-users] No intial sound - changing channels wakes it up!

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Wed May 17 12:20:28 UTC 2006

Hi List,

I am using Fedora 4 with the lastest rpms via yum. So this loads ivtv 0.6.2
and I am using an Hauppage 150.

All works, recording etc, but there is one problem I need fix before I swap to
this installation.

The sound is missing when I go to live TV from initial startup of the frontend
on, if I then change channels the sound is restored. If I then exit out of
the frontend  and restart is, the sound is still ok.

If I run ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 --Y the sound isn't muted, I checked this
before starting mythtvfrontend.

The output is

Mute = 0

I have looked at the archives, but if the answer is there, I appologize, I'm
assuming it's only me that has this problem as I don't appear to have seen it
mentioned on this list.

Can someone help please ??

Steve