[mythtv-users] Cannot get XVMC to work?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu May 18 02:39:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 19:02 -0700, Timothy Braje wrote:
> Timothy Braje wrote:
> > It appears that the OSD doesn't work well with XvMC.  I have not yet
> > tried the hack for getting color OSD with XvMC.  I will try that at some
> > point and see if that has any affect on the CPU usage.

There is actually a fix in SVN head that might help. The nVidia XvMC
implementation only has 8 XvMC surfaces, a couple of which are needed
for the blended (grey) OSD. But the XvMC in 0.19-fixes sometimes leaks
a surfaces when it can't keep up with frame display, there is some code
in SVN head that attempts to recapture these frames more quickly than
the recapture code in 0.19-fixes. The net effect is better recovery
after high motion video, OSD display, and prebuffer pauses.

-- Daniel