[mythtv-users] openchrome HDTV?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at guardiani.us
Fri May 19 03:13:33 UTC 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 2:26 pm, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Warren wrote:
> > Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Is anyone out there running openchrome with HDTV on a CN400 chipset?
> >> I have an SP8000e and HDTV output via VGA just gives me a blank screen
> >> (usually of a blueish color). I get audio, but no video. I'm running
> >> minimyth 0.19-12.
> >>
> >> Is there a trick to this?
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> > HDTV output is outside the available playback of OpenChrome.  It handles
> > 1024x1024 max, so 720p (1280x720) and 1080i/p (1920x1080) will most
> > likely play back without scaling it down to 480p.
> >

> I thought the CN400 could handle resolutions greater than 1024x1024.

Also, I have a 2 or 3 minute 1080i tennis clip. The clip plays perfectly
in Xine on the SP8000e (minus the audio), but MythTV itself still yields
a bluish blank screen when I try to play HDTV shows. My nvidia frontend
plays those shows fine.

Is anyone here running HDTV on an SP8000e?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at guardiani.us