[mythtv-users] Sound Syncronization Problems in Recording Playback ONLY

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 19 13:05:50 UTC 2006

On 05/17/2006 10:55 PM, Douglas Wagner wrote:

> When I run MPlayer through MythTV (I believe that's what's used to
> play back recorded shows by default correct?)

MythTV uses its own built-in player (i.e. code in MythTV) to play back
recordings.  MythVideo spawns an external program (such as MPlayer or
xine) to play back "videos" (usually material that wasn't recorded by
MythTV, although MythTV recordings could be moved to the "video"
directory so they could be played back with an external program, but
since the internal player does such a good job with MythTV
recordings...  ;).

Mike