[mythtv-users] Issue with multiple sources for HD with zap2it and setting them to use 1 HD card. Sourcid problem?

Gene Stapp genestapp at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:42:49 UTC 2006

I found some channels in testing on my qam cable system. The channels in
question are tnt-hd, cinemax hd, and starz-hd. To get the zap2it lineups
for these channels I had to create a new login for zap2it and 2 new
listing sources from somewhere in virginia with a dish network listing
and a digital cable source in new york city because since these are in
"testing" they are not officially in zap2it or anywhere else. My problem
is, when I edit the sourceid to match my qam card, it works but only
until the next mythfilldatabase run. Then it says no data for the edited
channels and then the new channels pop back in without the freqid, and
the multiplex info, while still leaving the modified sources but with No
data in the guide. Also the source id on these channels that are created
with my HD qam card in channel database)

Is there something I'm missing here? If i leave them as sourceid 5 and 6
it won't use my hd recorder card and it then will miss the recordings.
Am I supposed to import these channels into my main HD listing source
(source id 1).
channel listing:

working listing from main hd source in channel database
Whas-HD
1760    760    507000000    1    WHASDT    WHASDT (WHAS-DT)        0
    31781    2    32768    32768    32768    32768    atsc    0    1
    0    6    1    0    0

new testing channel in channel database after edit.
cinemax hd:
chanid   channum   fredid   sourcid   callsign       name
                finetune   xmltvid   recpriority etc.
5753    753    519000000    1    MAXHD    CineMAX High Definition
0        34933    2    32768    32768    32768    32768    atsc    1
1        0    7    3    0    0

Sources:
1    HD QAM    datadirect    ******    default    KY16673:X    ******    0
5    extra hd1    datadirect    *******    default    MD19417:X
6    extra hd2    datadirect    *******    default    DISH524:-

I guess my question is, is there a way for me to combine more than 1
source so that my qam card can tune these extra channels and still
recieve guide data on all the sources? (hope all this wasn't too confusing)