[mythtv-users] Cannot get XVMC to work?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat May 20 04:01:39 UTC 2006

Timothy Braje <tbraje at myvest.com> says:
> Initially, I had a 6200 card.  I applied the greyscale fix to a 5300
> card (I accidentally went a little crazy on ebay and now have both!)

Hah! I, too, am also an owner of both a 6200 and a 5300, complete with
having purchased the latter through eBay.

I may at some point try reinstalling the 5300 under the assumption
that with it I'll be able to achieve XvMC video both without OSD
(which my 6200 can do quite well) and with OSD (which causes
stuttering; I don't really care about the lack of color). But
fortunately there's no rush, given that my 3.0GHz Pentium 4
frontend/backend has enough horsepower to do an excellent job in
displaying Bob-deinterlaced 1080p without XvMC (and, needless to say,
OSD doesn't pose any issue).