[mythtv-users] Svideo Tearing

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Sat May 20 20:09:47 UTC 2006

Tearing has nothing to do with interlacing.

Tearing occurs when the painting of pixels on one section of the
screen lag behind the painting of pixels to the rest of the
screen.  In my case it appears that on fast side to side pans, blocks
of pixels at the top of the screen noticeably lag behind the rest of
the updates on screen.  It is a slight lag, but is an annoying
artifact none the less.

This only happens on svideo out and not on the CRT.

-- Mache