[mythtv-users] MythWeb - Problem Loading Pages

Tom Dale tdmyth at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 21:28:48 UTC 2006

Steve Daniels wrote:
> [...]
</ym/Compose?To=mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org&YY=42829&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0>
[mailto:mythtv-users-
> > bounces at mythtv.org
</ym/Compose?To=bounces at mythtv.org&YY=42829&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0>]
On Behalf Of Tom Dale
</ym/Compose?To=mythtv-users at mythtv.org&YY=42829&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythWeb - Problem
>
> <snip />
> > We backed up the
> > database as described
> > in the MythTV HowTo, then downloaded the tarball,
> > installed, reloaded
> > the database and still had the same problems.
Next,
> > we decided to make
> > a clean install of Mythdora.  You guessed it:
same
> > errors.  I believe
> > that the problem resides in our database, such
that
> > when we recover it,
> > we recover the problem with the data.  We ran
> > mysqlcheck to diagnose and
> > repair the database, but it reports all tables as
okay
> > and repairing has
> > no effect.  As it stands now, we no longer see any
> > recordings in the
> > frontend and live TV does not work either.
> > Mythbackend runs without
> > complaining, but we can't access it from the
frontend
> > or from MythWeb,
> > so we don't know what's wrong.  We have NOT
changed
> > any hardware, and
> > this system was running for more than three weeks
> > (more than a year on
> > MythWeb:

> > Fatal Error at
> > /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php,
line
> > 166:
> > Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
> > 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':
>
> <snip />
>
> Well a quick google on that first error..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Unexpected+response+to+MYTH_PROTO_VERSION&s
<http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Unexpected+response+to+MYTH_PROTO_VERSION&s>

tart=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

> Reveals a fair few links and ideas as to what could
be wrong. The first
> link
> actually goes back to the manual ;-)
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html
>
> Have you looked into this?
>
> If so, just ignore me... (I've been known to be way
off the mark in the
> past..)
>
> HTH
>
> Steve Daniels

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve.  In fact, I have
looked extensively
for existing answers via Google, here in the
MythTV-Users mailing list,
and numerous PVR and general linux forum sites.  I
tend to go overboard
that way before posting a question so as not to be a
nuisance.
Unfortunately, I could find nothing that helped me
solve the problem.
Now this does not mean that you are "way off the mark"
because, since I
am such a newbie, I may not always understand what
I've read.

We do have the proper IP address setting in
MythBackend for both fields
as the manual states, but since it's a front/back
combo system I don't
think that is the issue. Some postings indicate that
the MythWeb and
MythBackend can be running different versions, but I
don't know how that
would suddenly crop up on us.  Since the complete
re-installation didn't
solve things, I am pretty sure that it has something
to do with the
database.  We are thinking that we should try the
following steps next:
1) Completely re-install again
2) Fully set up the system and check operability
3) Check to see if the system works (if not, pull all
hair out and then
ask for more help from MythTV-Users)
4) Extract only the recorded program data from the
backed up database
and import only that into the one created during fresh
install

Does anyone think this will work?  I believe that
after last night, my
brother is banned from MythTV for a while, so I may be
going it alone.
:-)  This is bad because he's the one that knows some
SQL, whereas I
don't have any SQL experience.  Anyway, if this is a
good course of
action, how should I do step 4 of my list?  Again,
thanks to all of you
for any help you can give me!

-Tom-