[mythtv-users] Panic - help - scheduling hassle!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun May 21 11:01:44 UTC 2006

> On 21/05/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> I've got two recording sources on from my PVR-150 - either the tuner or
>> the sat box via s-video.
>>
>> I scheduled a recording for a channel thats on both - on the sat box as
>> it
>> happens but decided to watch another channel live and get the program
>> recorded off the tuner via the UHF transmission.
>>
>> Can't do it - bloody thing keeps re-scheduling the sat box. Why can't it
>> JFDI!! I hate programs that make decisions for me - I want to record on
>> channel 994 (i.e. the tuner channel), NOT 32 for crying out loud.
>>
>> Whats wrong with it - is it a Windows virus?
>>
>> The program starts in 40 minutes...
>
> The PVR-150 only has _1_ encoder, so can either record from the tuner
> OR S-Video, but not both at the same time. If you're watching Live TV
> via S-Video on the card and tieing up the encoder, it can't therefore
> record your scheduled program using the tuner. The behaviour applied
> to the PVR-150, -250 and -350 cards - the PVR-500 has two independent
> encoders, so can record on one and support LiveTV on the other (or
> record something else).
>
> If by watching 'Live' you mean watching TV outside of MythTV and you
> want to use the Tuner on the PVR-150 so the sat box is still
> available, you need to ensure that the channel (or input) priority for
> the Tuner is higher than for the S-Video input. This way the scheduler
> will choose the highest priority available recording source.
> (Therefore, in the channel editor in mythtv-setup, check whether
> channel 994 has a higher priority than channel 32). Restart the
> backend and see if this fixes things up.

Hi Nick

The intent was indeed to view the sat box outside of Myth provided I could
convince Myth that I REALLY wanted to record on the tuner input.

By default, I have the priority of the tuner set to -5 with the sat box at
0 so that I get the better quality - in this case I wanted a one off
override but I couldn't get it :-(

Interestingly, the Mythweb recording schedule screen lists the schedule on
the tuner input correctly but then in the Listing screen, shows it as due
to record on both inputs with a conflict. I guess most multi-input testing
has been on multiple tuners, not between two inputs on a single card!
Maybe I have found a bug (tm) :-))

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks