[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Berant Lemmenes berant at lemmenes.com
Sun May 21 16:24:03 UTC 2006

Greg Woods wrote:

>What tells you that it's having trouble detecting the audio stream
>format? I'd like to look for similar messages on my own system so we'll
>know if we're really having similar problems or not.

It's really just a theory on my part, but what leads me to believe that
is if I do rapid ivtvctl --log-status on the first tunner of the pvr-500
the Audio mode and audio standard lines alternate like this:

cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio mode:       stereo
cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio standard:   no detected audio standard
cx25840 3-0044: Audio muted:               yes

*next run*

cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio mode:       mono
cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio standard:   BTSC
cx25840 3-0044: Audio muted:               yes

*next run*

cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio mode:       stereo
cx25840 3-0044: Detected audio standard:   BTSC
cx25840 3-0044: Audio muted:               no

and then it starts over the same pattern.

>I didn't have any when using AT rpms for the initial install. The
>problem is that since then, my partition table was destroyed, so I had
>to do a full bare metal recovery, then I did an update. Since then, I
>have no sound, even if I go back to a previous kernel and previous
>version of the ivtv driver.

My issue doesn't seem to be realated to a kernel upgrade or anything
it's been the case since I set the box up.