[mythtv-users] reference for powerstrip help?

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Sun May 21 18:04:15 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I know this list isn't the right place to start a thread about using
> Powerstrip under Windows. Can someone point me to a place that is, where
> you don't have to be a registered paying user to participate?
>
> Better yet, does anyone have a working modeline for a Pioneer PRO-930HD
> TV? (As an aside, the manual for this TV comes with a copy of the GPL.
> The receiver box, which is separate from the plasma display itself and
> is where all the input cables connect, is running Linux!)
>
> I am trying to follow the directions in the avsform.com link that I got
> from Jarod's site, but the page he links to is more than 5 years old and
> I suspect it is out of date. The instructions there say to set the
> number of lines to 563, but I am consistently unable to do that. As soon
> as I touch any other box, it jumps back up to what it was.
>
> --Greg

It looks like it is a try it before you buy it now but you can download it
from here
http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/pstrip.exe
It only takes about 5 minutes to get what you need from Myth for it. I used
the guide found here to help me figure out how to use it:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/powerstrip.html
Download it and give it a shot and let us know if you can't get something to
work right. The big thing that I learned is that you want to make small
adjustments and read through the steps and find the shorcut keys to go back
so that if you kill your television you don't have to reboot the entire box.

Allan