[mythtv-users] Digital Satellite TV Decoder Card

Andrew Hutchinson ahutchinson.mythtv at googlemail.com
Mon May 22 07:14:53 UTC 2006

Hi Andreas,

I have recently tried the Hauppauge Nova-s and the Technisat SkyStar2 card,
and both worked without problems.  I actually took the Hauppauge card back
to the shop because I believed that it was not working (along with
incredibly buggy windows software, which didn't inspire me with confidence)
however I'm quite sure it would have worked fine knowing what I know now.

If you are running a satellite with one LNB, then the SkyStar2 should work
out of the box, and depending on your distro so should the Nova-s (Fedora
Core 5 for example).

If you are intending on using two LNB's and Diseqc, then you will need to
apply a patch to get that to work.  Check out a post on this list entitled
"MythTV and Diseqc" between myself and Arne.  This should help you out if
you're in this situation.