[mythtv-users] No On Screen Display (OSD)

Andrew Hutchinson ahutchinson.mythtv at googlemail.com
Mon May 22 07:29:15 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Recently I setup a new Myth installation on a Fedora Core 5 box using yum.
Most things were working with this great, however one major thing (diseqc
for my satellites) was not, so I had to download the source and patch
dvbdiseqc.cpp to make this work.

However, with this freshly compiled version there is no on screen display.
When I press "i" when watching TV simply nothing happens.  Furthermore, even
when typing a number for a channel nothing happens.  If I press "m" though,
it does bring up the screen where I can choose program guide and from here I
can see the channels and change them.

Does anyone know why this would happen?  This morning I compiled another
version straight from source without the patch, but I'm still getting the
same problems.