[mythtv-users] Transcoding help

raptorjr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 18:26:07 UTC 2006

I was experimenting with some settings in the mpeg2 to mpeg4 transcoding.
After the transcoding i was not satisfied with the result. But that was not
a problem
since the old recording was saved. So i deleted the new transcoded recording
and renamed the old so that everything should be like before.
But it wasn't.
I guess that Myth has some timecodes/indexes or something in the database
for every recording? Now when i try to play the old recording the time is
displayed
wrong in the OSD, and when editing the recording it is impossible to
navigate
because something is wrong. Sometimes i'm in the middle of a commercial, and
the
next frame i'm in the movie again. But that commercial shouldn't have been
there at all.
It seems that Myth has a problem to navigate in the recording now.

So, what can i do to make Myth re-index (or whatever) so it is like it was
before i did
my transcoding?