[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried the Nvidia 1.0-8762 driver?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed May 24 04:48:22 UTC 2006

Ernie Lim wrote:

> Have you been able to play HD content successfully at all with your 6150
> based mobo??

Yes. I have a MythTV frontend using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard with
an AMD Athlon64 3200+ running MiniMyth. HD plays fine using both MythTV
and Xine.

HD plays fine under both MythTV and Xine using Xv. Using MythTV and Xv,
it uses between 50% and 60% of the CPU.

XvMC is a different story. HD plays fine under MythTV using XvMC when
the video is clean, but locks up sometimes when the video is not clean.
In addition, I have problems with XvMC under Xine. As a result of these
problems, I use Xv rather than XvMC.