[mythtv-users] Keyboard stops working in frontend

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:20:18 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, fpeeters <francesco at fampeeters.com> wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > On 05/21/2006 03:12 AM, Francesco Peeters wrote:
> >
> >> I have seen something comparable in live tv, where only the first
> >> keypress is recognised (most notably in the guide, BTW) and only ESC
> >> will do anything after that. After ESC again a single keypress is
> >> recognised.
> >>
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722 (whole
> > thread)

This seems related to an issue that I've been having with the frontend
no longer responding to commands in livetv after a lot of I/O
processing (typically a channel change) has taken place
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/204908).

This does not occur after every channel change, but it usually will
after four or five at least (I don't watch much livetv hence why this
was unnoticed for so long). It also has never happened while watching
recordings.

I'm also fairly certain this is not a WM focus issue, as the frontend
also does not respond to commands via the telnet interface.