[mythtv-users] transport stream tools, possibly including ProjectX

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed May 24 08:30:17 UTC 2006

In mythtv, you wrote:
>  I'm having some problems with playing around with the DVB transport
>  streams in the UK. I am looking for some good tools to particularly
>  check what PIDs are being used within the stream, and demux out
>  particular streams, without losing audio sync later.

IMHO ProjectX is the best tool for the job. Its very good at keeping
AV sync even in the presence of errors in the stream.

>  The file I am testing on has the following structure:
>  0x258 -- Video
>  0x259 -- Audio 1
>  0x25a -- Audio 2
>  0x25b -- Subtitles
>
>  ProjectX seems to be the only program capable of finding this last
>  PID, and it crashes unless I make sure it ignores the second audio
>  stream. Once the subtitles are demuxed, I have them as a "sup" file -
>  how should I convert this to an .srt or similar?

When I demux stuff from UK DVB with ProjectX I get these files

  my_recording.m2v
  my_recording.mp2
  my_recording[1].mp2
  my_recording_log.txt
  my_recording.sup.IFO
  my_recording.sup

Which correspond to your pids.

I haven't made ProjectX crash for ages and ages - are you using the
latest version?  With the sun jvm?