[mythtv-users] Recordings not deleting...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 25 04:31:08 UTC 2006

On 05/24/2006 06:02 PM, yan seiner wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> I recommend just selecting a couple of the
>> show names that it tried to expire--look for "expire" (not case
>> sensitive) in the log.
> [root at tooth mythtv]# grep -i expire mythbackend.log.1
> [root at tooth mythtv]#
>> That will allow the autoexpirer to delete it
>> later (it won't if the file doesn't exist) while still freeing space on
>> your completely full disk.
> Does that mean it never tried to autoexpire?

Either that or 0.18 didn't use the word expire in the logs.  (It's been
too long, so I don't remember.)

It sounds like your system has autoexpire disabled.  Under "Global Auto
Expire Settings" in General settings:

Auto Expire Free Disk Space Threshold (in Gigabytes)
Trigger AutoExpire when available disk space is below this value.
Disable AutoExpire by setting to 0.

Make sure you also set the "Auto Expire Frequency (in minutes)."  Also,
there might be a per-host setting to disable auto expire, but you'll
have to dig through the settings to see (I can't remember).

Mike