[mythtv-users] Difficulty conceptualizing the relationship of Zap2it data and scanning for channels.

Andrew Kuan askuan at gmail.com
Thu May 25 18:37:01 UTC 2006

While we're on this topic, I've got a problem with my channel and program
data. Since this weekend when I ran mythfilldatabase a couple times and made
small edits to my zap2it configuration, my channel and program tables have
gotten corrupted. I've lost the callsign and name of all of my
broadcastchannels. Yet the extended cable channels (like MTV, TLC,
etc.) were
unchanged. On top of this, apparently my program data has some weird channel
displacement. So shows that should've been on channel 24 (abc) are shown as
being on channel 25 (nbc) which caused my MythTV box to record two hours of
Law and Order rather than two hours of Lost -- much to my wife's chagrin.
And... it gets weirder...this channel shift of just the broadcast channels
appears for listings yesterday but not today -- but again tomorrow.

So I'm anxious to hear how zap2it data and channel scanning information get
correlated in MythTV as well as how the program data gets populated. At this
point, I'm tempted to blow away my program table and rerun mythfilldatabase.
Perhaps that'll fix some of the issues I'm seeing -- though it won't explain
the disappearance of the callsign and name of my broadcast channels.

One more thing -- I have an HD card in this box as well -- and I maintain
two sources, not just one.