[mythtv-users] HDTV over S-video?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri May 26 01:59:45 UTC 2006

Edgar Sigal wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am setting up a Myth box, and still unsure about which capture to get.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to send an HDTV signal over
> S-video cable.
>
> Ie Scientific Atlanta HD Cable box and plug it into a PVR-150?
>
> Will this support true HD signal, or will it be downgraded to NTSC
> standard?
>
> I appreciate any help the tech guru’s can provide… I enjoyed the
> recent Coax clarification…

The PVR-150 is an SD card only. It will only capture at SD quality. The
only methods of recording HD are an over the air antenna connected to an
HD card like HD-3000 or AverMedia 180, *unencrypted* HD over cable (QAM)
using similar cards, or from *unencrypted* firewire output from a cable box.

Kevin