[mythtv-users] pcHDV3000 stop working, and x server exit crash on upgrade to 0.19 trunk

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri May 26 05:06:33 UTC 2006

Well, I had not upgraded for a while, and decided to switch to the latest
svn trunk.   Having a few issues, thought I would see if anybody else
has had them.

1) Worst issue -- the pchdtv 3000 card in the master server is no longer
working.   It's acting like there is no signal, but if I do
"mplayer /dev/video32" I can see the video just fine and signal is
good.  Myth reports 0% signal in live tv mode, recordings don't record
a file, but nor do they abort.     I am using the same drivers and
2.6.9 kernel as I did before, not DVB.   I will perhaps go to the 2.6.15
kernel and dvb, but that's a bunch of work (redo hard fought nvidia, redo
chanel mappings etc.)

2) On the slave server, pretty much identical in config, when mythtvfrontend
terminates, the X server crashes, with minimal diagnostics.
    "Fatal server error: Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Any attempt to terminate myth causes this, including ctrl^C on
the terminal session that invoked frontend.   Nothing else has changed
but the myth upgrade.   I do not have the exit option to take the
system down.

3) Minimalist-wide is oddly acting worse than a year ago.  All images
vanish if you move over them.  Somtimes it puts the x server in
another strange mood, looking like 8 bit colour, but if you switch
the focus to another window the colours look ok.   I switched to
mythcenter-wide though I have not yet figured how to customize
list colours in it.   this is thus pretty minor.

Any thoughts?   I re ran mythtv-setup but did not yet destroy and
recreate the atsc card.

The pvr250 in the slave server is working fine.