[mythtv-users] Difficulty conceptualizing the relationship of Zap2it data and scanning for channels.

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri May 26 15:34:06 UTC 2006

> No, all channel information is in the database in the channel table

(OT note -- I'm trying out the quote feature of g-mail -- just learning how
to use it in this post).

Thanks for the reply -- now I have a different set of questions as a result:

What purpose does the "scan for channels" serve if all the information is in
the channel database?

Does the database have a filename? Can I run a sed or awk on the database
and correct some errors in the listing info? (The listings are off by about
4 hours.  Haven't truly delved into this issue yet and discovered what is
wrong -- but the programming info is way off).

Andrew might be interested in this topic as well.

Again thanks, Kevin. Your help genuinely appreciated.