[mythtv-users] Adding recording to playlist moves selection down

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 27 06:58:48 UTC 2006

On 05/27/2006 02:46 AM, Randy Robertson wrote:
> I've noticed when I add a recording to the playlist, then I return to
> recording list, it changes which recording is selected by jumping down
> one.  Though not a big deal, this behavior seems kind of unnecessary.
> Especially considering I, and most others I'd assume, tend to watch a
> series of shows in chronological order, it would make more sense to
> move the selection up rather than down.

What you (and perhaps the person who originally wrote the code) seem to
be forgetting:

List Newest Recording First
When enabled, the most recent recording will be listed first in the
'Watch Recordings' screen, otherwise the oldest recording will be listed
first.

>   But there is something to be
> said for following to principle of least surprise and just returning
> to the same recording.
>
> Does this bother anybody else? If not I'll just fix it locally.

If you fixed it to go up or down based on PlayBoxOrdering, I'm sure a
patch would be considered (and would probably be applied to trunk).

Mike